Our DermatologistsNYU UPN Dermatologists
- Roy G. Geronemus, M.D.
- Robert T. Anolik, M.D.
- Yoon-Soo Cindy Bae, M.D.
- Jeremy A. Brauer, M.D.
- Roy Seidenberg, M.D.
- Leonard J. Bernstein, M.D.
- Wilfred Brown, M.D., F.A.C.S.
- Ronald Shelton, M.D.
- Jessica J. Krant, M.D.
- Paul M. Friedman, M.D.
- Dana Stern, M.D.
- Elliot T. Weiss, M.D.
- Michelle F. Henry, M.D.
Fraxel Re:pairThe Fraxel Re:pair (CO2) laser was recently approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Clinical trials performed at our Center were instrumental in approval by the FDA. This laser is for rejuvenation of the skin on the face and body. The laser works well for deeper wrinkles, scars, acne scars, and also tightens the skin. Healing generally takes place in five to seven days; however, this varies from patient to patient. For more information on this new technology, please call to schedule an appointment for evaluation and you may also visit the website of the company who manufactured the device at www.fraxel.com. You may also read about New York dermatologists at our office, pleased to offer New York Fraxel Re:pair treatments.
In The News
- How to Undo Summer Sun Damage - Michelle Henry, M.D. - InStyle (2016)
- Dr. Robert Anolik receives Genius award and names Fraxel Dual his secret weapon - ELLE (2013)
- The New Anitagers, Harper's Bazaar (March 2012)
- Calcium Hydroxylapatite Nodule Resolution After Fractional Carbon Dioxide Laser Therapy, Archives of Dermatology (February 2012)
- Combining Fractional Resurfacing and Q-Switched Ruby Laser for Tattoo removal. Publication by Elliot T. Weiss MD and Roy Geronemus, MD
- Laser Plus Resurfacing Best for Tattoo Removal. Skin and Allergy News, Aesthetic Dermatology (2011). Dr. Elliott T. Weiss is quoted in this article.
- Dr. Lori Brightman on American Health & Beauty. Celebrity Kendra Wilkinson, Fraxel, and Stretch Marks. American Health & Beauty. (2010).
- New Laser Surgery Gets Rid of Some Scars MedPageToday.com (2010)
- Fractional resurfacing successfully treats surgical scars and traumatic scars. Archives of Dermatology. LSSC New York dermtologists are featured in this publication. (2010)
- Video: Dr. Geronemus on the Gretchen Project. (2009)
- Wrinkle Removers Backed by Science. New York Times. (2008)
- Fractional CO2 lasers show promise for neck rejuvenation. Aesthetic Dermatology News. (2008)
- New Modality [Fraxel / Fractional Laser Resurfacing] Treats Acne Scars. Aesthetic Dermatology News. (2008)
- Skin and Allergy News features Dr. Lori Brightman: Fraxel and Neck Rejuvenation. (2008)
- Vogue Magazine features Dr. Geronemus. "Seasons in the Sun: Erasing Summer's Sins." (2007)
- Dermatology Times features Dr. Bernstein and Fraxel / Fractional Laser Resurfacing technology. (2007)
- Skin & Allergy News Features Dr. Elizabeth Hale: Fractional CO2 displays safety. (2007)
Fraxel Re:pair® Related Items
ReferencesSukal S, Geronemus RG. “Fractional Resurfacing,” in Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, eds. Aston SJ, Steinbrech DS, Walden JL. (Elsevier, 2009), 891-9.
Anolik R, Geronemus RG. Complications of Fractional Lasers (Ablative and Nonablative). In: Beer K, Tosti A, eds. Management of Common and Uncommon Complications of Cosmetic Procedures. Springer. 2012 -