Years of experience
5 / 5 Stars
Dr. Lloyd Hoffman is a world-renowned plastic surgeon practicing in the heart of New York City. Over the years, he has been known for his compassionate care, exceptional results, and teaching; he is known as the doctor’s doctor. Dr. Hoffman prides himself on taking care of the gamut of patients. From stars in the entertainment world, business executives, and politicians to indigent patients with complex problems. His practice encompasses aesthetic and reconstructive surgery. The operations cover the face, breast, and body as well as noninvasive facial rejuvenation. He is always accessible to his patients.
Dr. Hoffman began his career at New York Hospital-Weill Cornell University Medical Center, where he was named the youngest division chief in the country. There he developed one of the premier programs in plastic surgery with the Cornell and Columbia merger. His international activities included the care of victims of terrorism in the Middle East. He stepped down in 2004 to enter the world private practice in the Upper East Side of Manhattan. In 2017 he was recruited to return to academic medicine and moved his practice to Columbia’s midtown location. In 2020, Dr. Hoffman moved to the Laser & Skin Surgery Center of New York
Dr. Hoffman continues to have a vital plastic surgery presence. In addition, he has served as the President of the New York Regional Society of Plastic Surgery and is now a Trustee. On the national level, he has been named to the Judicial Council of the American Society of Plastic Surgery, which adjudicates complaints against plastic surgeons.
Board Certification, American Board of Surgery
Board Certification, American Board of Plastic Surgery
New York State Medical License
|Residency:||The New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center, New York, NY 1979-1983|
|Internship:||The New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center New York, NY 1978-1979|
|Medical:||Northwestern University Medical School Chicago, IL, MD, 1974-1978|
Franklin and Marshall College Lancaster, PA, BA 1970-1974
New York University Medical Center 1983-1987
- 1974 President, Honor Society
- 1975 Recipient, American Cancer Society Research Awar
- 1987 – present Multiple Resident Teaching Awards
- Hoffman LA, Beaton H, Wantz G. Spontaneous Cholecystocutaneous Fistulas. J. Am. Ger. Soc. 1982, 50:632
- Hoffman LA. Avoiding Complications in Post Mastectomy Breast Reconstruction. Infections in Surgery. 1983, 2:651-661.
- Codner M. Shuster B, Steinman R, LaTrenta G. Harper A, Hoffman LA. Migration of Donor Leukocytes from Limb Allographs into Post Lymphoid Tissues. Annals of Plastic Surgery. 1990, 25:353-359.
- Freedman AM, Gayle LB, Vaughan ED, Hoffman LA. One Stage Repair of the Anterior Abdominal Wall Using Bilateral Rectus Femoris Myocutaneous Flaps. Annals of Plastic Surgery. 1990, 25:299-302.
- Fantini G, Antonacci A, Gayle LB, Hoffman LA. Management of the Exposed Saphenous Vein Graft. Vascular Surgery. 1991, 4:117-124.
- Hoffman LA, Codner M, Shuster B, Bogossian N, Steinman R, Harper A, LaTrenta G, Shires GT, Egozi. Donor Leukocytes Migration Following Extremity Transplantation in an Experimental Model. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 1992, 90:999-1006.
- Zenn M, Hoffman LA, LaTrenta G, Hotchkiss R. Variations in Digital Nerve Anatomy. Journal of Hand Surgery. 1992, 17:1033-1036.
- LaTrenta G, Grant R, Haworth R, Madden M, Hoffman LA. Functional Reconstruction for Severe Post Burn Microstomia. Annals of Plastic Surgery. 1992, 29:179-181.
- Haworth R, Rosenberg P, LaTrenta G, Hoffman LA. Anterior Cervical Microsurgical Approach to the Cranial Base in the Rabbit. Laboratory Animals. 1992, 26:196-199.
- Eid F, Rosenberg P, Rothaus K, Minninberg D, Hoffman LA, Vaughan D. Use of Tissue Expanders in Final Reconstruction of Infrapubic Midline Scar, Mons Pubis and Vulva Following Bladder Exstrophy Repair. Urology. 1993, 41:426-430.
- Hirmand H, LaTrenta G, Hoffman LA. Autoimmune Disease and Silicone Breast Implants. Oncology. 1993, 7:17.
- Francis K, Hoffman LA, Cornell C. The Use of Mitek Suture Anchors to Secure Mesh in Abdominal Wall Reconstruction. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 1994, 93:419-421.
- Jones WG, Hoffman LA, Devereaux RB, Isom OW, Gold JP. Staged Approach to Combined Repair of Pectus Excavatum and Lesions of the Heart. Annals of Thoracic Surgery. 1994, 57:212-214.
- Shuster B, Hoffman LA. An Old Friendship Revisited: Plastic Surgery and Transplantation. Aesth. Plast. Surg. 1994, 18:135-139.
- Pope M, Betjes MG, Romani N, Hirmand H, Cameron P, Hoffman LA, Gezelter S., Schuler G, Cameron PU, Steinman RM. Conjugates of Dendritic Cells and Memory T-Lymphocytes from Skin Facilitate Productive Infection with HIV-1. Cell. 1994, 78:389-398.
- Pope M, Betjes MG, Hirmand H, Hoffman LA, Stenman RM. Both Dendritic Cells and Memory T-Lymphocytes Emigrate from Organ Cultures of Human Skin and Form Distinctive Dendritic T-Cell Conjugates. Journal of Investigative Dermatology. 1995, 104:11-17.
- Pope M, Betjes MG, Romani N, Hirmand H, Cameron P, Hoffman LA, Gezelter S, Schuler G, Cameron PU, Steinman RM. Dendritic Cell T-Cell Conjugates the Migrate from Normal Human Skin are an explosive Site of Infection for HIV-1. Advances n Experimental Medicine and Biology. 1995, 378:457-460.
- Pope M, Gezelter S, Gallo N, Hoffman LA, Steinman RM. Low Levels of HIV-1 Infection in Cutaneous Dendritic Cells Promote Extensive Viral Replication upon Binding to Memory CD4+T Cells. Journal of Experimental Medicine. 1995, 182:204-256.
- Kirschner R, Chaio J, Fyfe B, Hoffman LA, Davis J, Fantini G. Neutrophil Lipozygenase Activation and Leukosequestration in Postischemic Myocutaneous Flaps: Role of LTB4. Am. J. Physiol. 1995, 268:H2167-H2174.
- Kubler DA, Bacilious N, Peters ED, Gayle LB, Hoffman LA. The Use of Fibrin Sealant in the Prevention of Seromas. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 1997, 99(3):842-9.
- Randolph GJ, Beaulieu S, Pope M. Sugawara I, Hoffman LA, Steinman RM, Muller WA. A Physiologic Function for p-glycoprotein (MDR-1) During the Migration of Dendritic Cells from Skin via Afferent Lymphatic Vessels. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 1998, 95:6924-6929.
- Talmor M, Mirza A, Turley S, Mellman I, Hoffman LA, Steinman RM. Cytokine Requirements for the Generation of Large Numbers of Immature and Mature Dendritic Cells from Rat Bone Marrow Cultures. European Journal of Immunology. 1998, 28:811-187.
- Talmor M, Kinkhabwala M, Steinman RM, Hoffman LA. Thymic Chimerism in Non-Irradiated, Immunosuppressed Rats Receiving Microvascularized Limb Transplants. Surgical Forum. 1998, XLIX:639-641.
- Talmor M, Hydo L, Shaikh N, Gayle LB, Hoffman LA, Barie PS. Clinical Features and Outcome of Patients Admitted to the Intensive Care Unit After Plastic Surgical Procedures: Implications for Cost Reduction and Quality of Care. In Parrillo JE, Balk RA, Calvin JE, Franklin CN, Shapiro BA, eds. Yearbook of Critical Care Medicine. St. Louis, Mosby-Year Book, 1998, 352-354.
- Talmor M, Fahey TJ, Wise J, Hoffman LA, Barie PS. Large Volume Liposuction Complicated by Retroperitoneal Hemorrhage: Management Priniciples and Implications for the Quarterly Improvement Process. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 2000, 105:2244.
- Preminger, BA, Talmor M, Specht MC, Susman M, Hoffman LA. The Legacy of Icarus in the 21st Century – Report of a Case of Aggressive Submental BCC Due to Frequent Use of Metallic UV Reflector. Annals of Plastic Surgery. 2001, 46:192
- Talmor M, Patael MP, Spann MD, Barden C, Specht M, McLean A, Harper A, Hoffman LA, Nolan WB. COX-2 Up-Regulation in Idiopathic Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 2003, 112:1807.
Books, Chapters, Monographs, Editorials
- Ballantyne, Donald L, Benjamin, B, Rosenberg, Hoffman LA, and Court Cutting, M.D. (ed.) Organized Bibliography of the Microsurgical Literature. Aspen Systems Corporation, Rockville, MD, 1985.
- Hoffman LA, Mackenzie D, Schwartz M. Common Inflammatory Disorders of the Upper Limb in Plastic Surgery. Graff and Smith (eds.) Lippincott Raven, 1995.
- Talmor M, Steinman RM, Hoffman LA. Dendritic Cells and Alloimune Chimerism in Limb Transplantation in Composite Tissue Transplantation. Hewitt CW and Block K (ed.), 1999.
- LaTrenta GS, Hoffman LA. Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy. W.B. Saunders Company, 1994.
- Nikolau R, Bhardwaj N, Pope M, Koch F, Swiggard WJ, O’Doherty U, Witner-Pack MD, Hoffman LA, Schuler G, Inaba K, Steinman RM. The Myeloid System Dendritic Cells. Blackwell Sciences, 1996.
- LaTrenta G, Grant R, Hoffman LA. Treatment of Exogenous Steroid Induced “Buffalo Type” Face and Neck Obesity with SAL: A Case Report. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 1991, 87:768-770
Letters to the Editor
- Wise JB, Talmor M, Hoffman LA, Gayle LB. Post-Operative Monitoring of Microvascular Tissue Transplants with an Implantable Doppler Probe. (Letter to the Editor). Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 2000, 105:2279
- Talmor M, Hoffman LA. Converting to Digital Photography: A Model for Large Group or Academic Practice. (Letter to the Editor). Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 2000.
Botox and Burpees Podcast – Dr Lloyd Hoffman
How to Create a More Youthful Appearance With a Facelift and Neck Lift | LSSCNY Webinar
What patients say about
Dr. Lloyd Hoffman
laser & skin surgery
center of new york
Monday - Wednesday, Friday: 9am - 4:30pm
Thursday: 9am - 5pm
Saturday October 1, 2022: By Appointment Only
Same-Day Appointments Now Available
Pay Online for Patients of Drs. Geronemus, Anolik, Bae & Seidenberg
Pay Online for Patients of Drs. Abraham, Bernstein, Krant, Shelton, Stern, Weiss, Hoffman, Shim, Murphy-Rose, Wilson, and Petratos
*MDs perform 100% of all medical and cosmetic treatments.