Years of Experience
5 / 5 Stars
Dr. Elliot Weiss is a board certified dermatologist specializing in Mohs micrographic surgery, dermatologic surgery, cosmetic dermatology, and laser surgery.
Dr. Weiss graduated from Harvard University and earned his medical degree at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine. After Chief residency in Dermatology at Johns Hopkins, he completed a 2 year accredited Fellowship in Mohs Micrographic Surgery for skin cancer, laser therapy, and cosmetic dermatology.
I am proud to offer an array of state-of-the-art technology and highly advanced techniques that can be tailored for each patient’s unique needs
In 2010, Dr. Weiss started the Laser & Skin Surgery Center of New York’s Southampton office, where he serves as Medical Director. Dr. Weiss’s practice consists of surgical treatment and Mohs surgery for skin cancers, laser treatments for a wide range of medical and cosmetic conditions, and injectable fillers and neuromodulators. After a decade in Southampton, Dr. Weiss has built the most sought after and the largest aesthetic practice in Eastern Long Island.
Dr. Weiss speaks nationally and has published original studies and articles in the multiple peer-reviewed journals. He has also authored multiple book chapters on laser surgery. He currently engages in cutting edge research on a variety of medical and cosmetic skin conditions and therapies.
As a former college tennis player and teaching pro, Dr. Weiss enjoys playing tennis with his two daughters. Free time is spent outdoors with his family, where they enjoy biking and tending to the vegetable garden.
Diplomate, American Board of Dermatology
National Board of Medical Examiners
New York State License #: Available Upon Request
|Residency:||The Johns Hopkins School of Medicine Baltimore, MD Chief Resident 2007-2008 Dermatology Residency July 2005-June 2008|
Laser & Skin Surgery Center of New York New York, NY:
Fellow-Procedural Dermatology/Mohs Micrographic Surgery July 2009-June 2010
Fellow- Clinical Research/Laser, Surgery/Cosmetic Dermatology July 2008-June 2009
|Internship:||Mount Sinai-Cabrini Medical Center Manhattan, NY, Internship Internal Medicine July 2004-June 2005|
|Medical:||The Johns Hopkins School of Medicine Baltimore, MD, M.D. degree, May 2004|
|Pre-Medical:||Harvard University Cambridge, MA, B.A. in Biology magna cum laude, 1999|
- American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery “Best Clinical Science Award” 2010 National Meeting.
- 2009 ASDS Cutting Edge Research Grant Award Recipient
- Chief Resident Dermatology, The Johns Hopkins School of Medicine 2007-2008
- Achievement Rewards for College Scientists (ARCS) Foundation, Johns Hopkins Nominee, Metro Washington Chapter 2003
- Dean’s Summer Research Award, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine 2003
- John Harvard Scholarship for Academic Excellence of Highest Degree 1997-1999
- Harvard College Research Program Fellowship 1998
- Dean’s Summer Research Award, Harvard University 1998
- Harvard College Scholarship for Academic Excellence 1995-1996
- Dean’s List Harvard University 1995-1999
Orbuch DE, Penn L, Bloom BS, Brauer JA, Shin DB, Greenbaum J, Bernstein LJ, Weiss ET, Anolik RT, Geronemus RG “The photodynamic Therapy Experience of a High Volume Laser and Dermatologic Surgery Center” J Drugs Dermatol. 2016 Nov 1;15(11):14201426.
Geronemus R, Bernstein L, Brightman L, Hale E, Karen J, Anolik R, Weiss E, Reddy K, and Brauer, J, Lasers and Related Technology in Dermatology. McGraw-Hill Publishers. 2013
Reddy KK, Blei F, Brauer JA, Waner M, Anolik R, Bernstein L, Brightman L, Hale E, Karen J, Weiss E, Geronemus RG. Retrospective Study of the Treatment of Infantile Hemangiomas Using a Combination of Propranolol and Pulsed Dye Laser. Dermatol Surg.2013 Mar 4. 39: 923-933
Reddy KK, Brauer JA, Anolik R, Bernstein L, Brightman L, Hale E, Karen J, Weiss E, Geronemus RG. Topical perfluorodecalin resolves immediate whitening reactions and allows rapid effective multiple pass treatment of tattoos. Lasers Surg Med. 2013 Feb:45(2):76-80.
Reddy KK, Brauer JA, Idriss MH, Anolik R, Bernstein L, Brightman L, Hale E, Karen J, Weiss E, Elston D, Geronemus RG. Treatment of Port-Wine Stains With a Short Pulse Width 532-nm Nd: YAG laser. J Drugs Dermatol. 2013 Jan 1:12(1):66-71.
Weiss ET, Brauer JA, Anolik R, Reddy KK, Karen JK, Hale EK, Brightman LA, Bernstein L, Geronemus RG. “1927-nm Fractional resurfacing of facial actinic keratosis: A promising new therapeutic option.” J Am Acad Dermatol. 2013 Jan; 68(1):98-102.
Brightman LA, Brauer JA, Terushkin V, Hunzeker C, Reddy KK, Weiss ET, Karen JK, Hale EK, Anolik R, Bernstein L, Geronemus RG. “Ablative Fractional Resurfacing for Involuted Hemangioma Residuum.” Arch Dermatol. 2012 Nov; 148(11): 1294-8.
Anolik R, Newlove T, Weiss ET, Chapas A, Brightman L, Hale EK, Karen JK, Bernstein LJ, Geronemus RG. “Investigation into optimal treatment intervals of facial port-wine stains using the pulsed dye laser.” J Am Acad Dermatol. 2012 Nov; 67(5):985-90.
Cohen SR, Weiss ET, Brightman LA, Geronemus RG, Locke KW, Maytom MC, Dobak JD. “Quantitation of the results of abdominal liposuction.” Aesthet Surg J. 2012 Jul; 32(5):593-600.
- April 2015 American Society for Lasers in Medicine and Surgery, Kissimmee FL
- Oral Presentation at Annual Meeting, Scar Therapies
- October 2012 American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, Atlanta, GA
- Oral Presentation-Scar Wars, Laser Treatment of Cutaneous Scars
- November 2011 American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, Washington D.C
- Oral Presentation-Long Term Follow Up of 1927nm Fractional Resurfacing of Actinic Keratoses on the face
- April 2011 American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery, Grapevine, TX
- Oral Presentation-Laser Treatment of Surgical Scars Oral Presentation-Long Term Follow Up of 1927nm Fractional Resurfacing of Actinic Keratoses on the face
- February 2011 American Academy of Dermatology, New Orleans, LA
- Poster presentation “Facial Rejuvanation Using A Novel Topical Aminolevulinic Acid Ester” Chapas AM, Brightman LA, Weiss ET, Geronemus RG
What patients say about
Dr. Elliot T. Weiss
laser & skin surgery
center of new york
*MDs perform 100% of all medical and cosmetic treatments.