Years of experience
5 / 5 Stars
|Jessica Krant, M.D., MPH is a board-certified cosmetic, laser, surgical, and medical dermatologist, Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology, American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, and American College of Mohs Surgery as well as being certified in Lifestyle Medicine. A proud recipient of Castle Connolly and coveted New York Magazine Top Doctor status for many years, Dr. Krant also frequents the New York SuperDoctors listings and was named a Westchester County Top Doctor as well as receiving the Best of Manhattan Award in Dermatology. After graduating from Harvard College magna cum laude and going on to Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons where she received both her M.D. (with Alpha Omega Alpha National Medical Honors Society recognition) and her Master’s Degree in Public Health, Dr. Krant went on to complete internship at Lenox Hill Hospital, dermatology residency at SUNY Downstate Medical Center, and a formal American College of Mohs Surgery fellowship.|
Every dermatologist has access to the same products and treatments, but it takes a true artist, with skill and empathy, to create beautiful, natural-looking results.
In addition to private practice, Dr. Krant has also enjoyed teaching dermatology residents for the past 17 years as Assistant Clinical Professor of Dermatology at SUNY Downstate Medical Center, where she earned the Dermatology Teaching Award.
Outside the clinical setting, Dr. Krant is highly involved in public health education, having served as the only dermatologist on Consumer Reports’ Medical Advisory Board and as a spokesperson for the Skin Cancer Foundation, as well as through her work as Delegate to the American Medical Association representing Dermatologic Surgeons and their patients nationwide. At the AMA, Dr. Krant proudly serves on the Surgical Caucus Executive Committee, working with physicians nationwide to protect quality health care access for patients.
Dr. Krant is Secretary of the Board of the New York County Medical Society and a former member of the Board of the Westchester County Medical Society, the AAD’s Congressional Policy and State Policy Committees, and the Professional Conduct Committee of the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, where she personally updated the organization’s ethics guidelines for dermatologists nationwide. She regularly travels to Albany and Washington to speak to legislators about health reform and protection of access to safe, quality care.
In recent years, in addition to enjoying a robust practice in laser, cosmetic, and medical dermatology, Dr. Krant has been studying integrative dermatology as well as nutrition and lifestyle practices and how they impact our whole well-being from our inside parts to our skin in terms of disease, health, and anti-aging. In pursuit of this knowledge, Dr. Krant was certified by the American Board of Lifestyle Medicine and enjoys serving on the Medical Advisory Board of Plant Powered Metro New York.
But above all, Dr. Krant is most proud of being a caring, comprehensive physician who takes the time to listen and sends her patients home with a smile.
Fellow, American Academy of Dermatology
Fellow, American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
Fellow, American College of Mohs Surgery
|Residency:||Dermatology Residency, SUNY Downstate Medical Center, New York, New York. Chair: Alan Shalita, M.D. 1999 – 2002|
|Internship:||Internal Medicine Internship, Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, New York. 1998 – 1999|
|Medical:||Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, M.D. (A.O.A. National Medical Honors Society), New York, New York, 1993 – 1998|
|Pre-Medical:||Harvard University, A.B. magna cum laude, Visual and Environmental Studies. Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1989 – 1993|
- 2014- Member, Board of Directors, New York County Medical Society
- 2014 – Castle Connolly Top Doctors- Dermatology, NY Metro Area
- 2014 – New York SuperDoctors Award
- 2014 – Angie’s List Super Service Award
- 2014 – Best of Manhattan Award, Art of Dermatology/Dermatologist
- 2010- present Real Self Top Doctor Awards
- 2014 – present Congressional Policy Committee, AAD
- 2013- present SkinPAC Advisory Board, AAD Jessica J. Krant, M.D.
- 2012- present Consumer Reports Medical Advisory Board: Sole Dermatologist on the Board
- 2012- present Fellow, American College of Mohs Surgery
- 2012 – present Delegate to AMA representing ASDS, Dermatology Section Council
- 2011 – present State Policy Committee, AAD
- 2008 – 2010 Chair, Young Physicians Committee, Westchester County Medical Society
- 2007 – present Member, Blade and Light Society, volunteer Mohs surgery missions
- 2005 – 2012 Alternate Delegate to American Medical Association House of Delegates, for the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery.
- 2003 – present American Academy of Dermatology Association, annual Washington Conference, lobbying Congress for health care reform.
- 2003 – 2004 Membership Committee, American Academy of Dermatology. Successfully suggested new policies that have since been implemented.
- December 2003 Member, American College of Mohs Surgery
- December 2002 Diplomate, American Board of Dermatology Fellow, American Academy of
- Dermatology 2003 Member, American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- 2001 Resident Educational Award, sponsored by Ortho Dermatological and the Skin Disease Education Foundation
- 1998 Election to Alpha Omega Alpha National Medical Honors Society
- 1989 National Merit Scholarship Winner, sponsor Rockefeller University
- 1989 U.S. Army educational grant recipient, Computer-Related Engineering and Science Studies (CRESS) Intensive Summer Program
- 1996 – present International Society for Technology Assessment in Health Care
- 1999 – present Member, American Academy of Dermatology
J. Krant and J. Carucci. “Lipomas and Cysts, Including Pilonidal Cysts”, chapter 47, Surgery of the Skin. Robinson, Hanke, Siegel, Sengelmann, eds. Elsevier: 2005.
J. Krant and Y. Lynfield, “Photoclinic: Rheumatoid Nodules”, Consultant. Cliggott Publishing: Boston, Vol. 41, No. 12: October 2001. Republished March 2004.
D. Cohen and J. Krant. “Occupational skin diseases associated with cabinetmakers”, Chapter in Handbook of Occupational Dermatology. Kanerva L, Elsner P, Wahlberg JE, Maibach HI, eds. Springer Verlag: New York, 2000.
M. Vitale, J. Krant, R. Arons, D. Heitjan, A. Gelijns, E. Flatow, L. Bigliani. “Geographic Variations in the Rates of Operative Procedures Involving the Shoulder, Including Total Shoulder Replacement, Humeral Head Replacement, and Rotator Cuff Repair”, Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery. 81-A (6) 763-72, Jun 1999.
J. Krant, “Dermatopathology”, Handbook of Subspecialties in Dermatology. Perry Robins MD, ed. 2001.
PRESENTATIONS AND SPECIAL HONORS
January 2005 AAD Leadership Forum. Attended as one of 40 young dermatologists selected for demonstrated promise in future leadership in the field.
October 2003 “Recessive Dystrophic Epidermolysis Bullosa and Malignant Fibrous Histiocytoma: An Unusual Juxtaposition”, Poster presented at the Combined Annual ASDS/ACMMSCO Meeting, New Orleans, LA.
February 2002 “A Case of Self-Healing Collodion Baby”, Poster Presentation at the 60th Annual AAD Meeting in New Orleans, LA.
2002 – present AAD Washington Conference annual delegate. Lobby Congress on issues including tort reform and Medicare reform. Was the one of the first residents invited to attend, started a trend of others following through active involvement.
February 2001 Hawaii Dermatology Seminar, Resident Educational Award Recipient, Case Presentation as one of 15 resident award recipients from around the U.S.
A Harvard Trained Dermatologist Gives Us Lifestyle Tips On How to Achieve Glowing Skin
What patients say about
Dr. Jessica Krant
laser & skin surgery
center of new york
*MDs perform 100% of all medical and cosmetic treatments.