PicoSure™The Laser & Skin Surgery Center of New York offers New York’s first Picosecond laser for tattoo removal, pigmented lesion removal and acne scarring.
The FDA has cleared the PicoSure™ laser for tattoo and pigmented lesion removal. The approval is based on the clinical work performed at the Laser & Skin Surgery Center of New York under the direction of Dr. Roy G. Geronemus which has been published in the Archives of Dermatology. At the present time there are three PicoSure™ lasers in the world, two of which are at the Laser & Skin Surgery Center of New York, located in midtown Manhattan.
The PicoSure™ laser delivers short bursts of energy to the skin in trillionths of a second and more rapidly clears almost all tattoos, especially blue and green colors which have been difficult to remove by other lasers. The Laser & Skin Surgery Center of New York study included 22 subjects with multicolored and recalcitrant tattoos that were treated with PicoSure™ over a two-week period. The results demonstrated greater than 80% overall tattoo clearance. On average, 94% clearance was achieved for blue and green ink.
PicoSure™ laser treatments are performed with local anesthesia and are only performed by board certified and fellowship trained dermatologists at our center.
In The News
- VIDEO: Drs. Geronemus and Brauer discuss the Breakthrough Advancements of the Picosure laser by Cynosure (2014)
- Drs. Brauer and Geronemus present cutting edge research on the treatment of scarring, acne scarring and stretch marks using the PicoSure™ laser at the 2013 Annual Conference of the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery.
- Clinical Studies Confirm Superior Tattoo Clearance with PicoSure (2013)
- PicoSure™ Tattoo-erasing Laser Receives FDA Approval (2012)
- Cynosure Receives FDA Clearance for PicoSure™, the First Picosecond Device to Remove Tattoos and Benign Pigmented Lesions (2012)
- Successful and Rapid Treatment of Blue and Green Tattoo Pigment With a Novel Picosecond Laser (2012)
- Picosecond laser shows significant promise for new era in tattoo removal (2012)