- Roy G. Geronemus, M.D.
- Leonard J. Bernstein, M.D.
- Elliot T. Weiss, M.D.
- Robert T. Anolik, M.D.
- Jeremy A. Brauer, M.D.
- Roy Seidenberg, M.D., F.A.A.D.
- Yoon-Soo Cindy Bae, M.D.
- Ronald Shelton, M.D.
- Fredric Brandt, M.D.
- Paul M. Friedman, M.D.
- Robert A. Weiss, M.D.
- Dana Stern, M.D.
- Wilfred Brown, M.D.
PicoSure™The Laser & Skin Surgery Center of New York offers New York’s first Picosecond laser for tattoo removal, pigmented lesion removal and acne scarring.
The FDA has cleared the PicoSure™ laser for tattoo and pigmented lesion removal. The approval is based on the clinical work performed at the Laser & Skin Surgery Center of New York under the direction of Dr. Roy G. Geronemus which has been published in the Archives of Dermatology.
We also harness our leading knowledge of the PicoSure™ laser having published the first article on using this device on patients with tattoos. This laser uses short bursts of energy to rapidly clear almost all tattoos, especially the blue and green colors which have been difficult to remove by other lasers. The clinical work performed at our center led to the
PicoSure™ being approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). In our clinical study of 22 subjects with multi-colored and recalcitrant tattoos, the PicoSure™ laser achieved more than 80% overall tattoo clearance over a two week
period. On average, 94% clearance was achieved for blue and green ink. We continue to develop advances with picosecond laser technology as we are presently investigating two additional wavelengths for the device which we
anticipate will provide significant benefit to patients seeking tattoo removal.
PicoSure™ laser treatments are performed with local anesthesia and are only performed by board certified and fellowship trained dermatologists at our center.
In The News
- Removal of acne scarring with the PicoSure™ laser study conducted at our center proves successful - JAMA Dermatology (2014)
- VIDEO - Dr. Jeremy A. Brauer: Laser Skin Treatment Promises to Erase Acne Scars - (PicoSure) CBS News
- VIDEO: Drs. Geronemus and Brauer discuss the Breakthrough Advancements of the Picosure laser by Cynosure (2014)
- Drs. Brauer and Geronemus present cutting edge research on the treatment of scarring, acne scarring and stretch marks using the PicoSure™ laser at the 2013 Annual Conference of the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery.
- Clinical Studies Confirm Superior Tattoo Clearance with PicoSure (2013)
- PicoSure™ Tattoo-erasing Laser Receives FDA Approval (2012)
- Cynosure Receives FDA Clearance for PicoSure™, the First Picosecond Device to Remove Tattoos and Benign Pigmented Lesions (2012)
- Successful and Rapid Treatment of Blue and Green Tattoo Pigment With a Novel Picosecond Laser (2012)
- Picosecond laser shows significant promise for new era in tattoo removal (2012)