Homepage // Blog / Top 4 Dermatologist-Approved Strategies to Treat Neck Wrinkles
Top 4 Dermatologist-Approved Strategies to Treat Neck Wrinkles
The neck is often among the first areas to show visible signs of aging. Fortunately, with strategies that include a skincare regimen and non-surgical treatment options, you can help prevent wrinkled, sagging skin and keep your neck looking refreshed and youthful.
With a state-of-the-art facility, an acclaimed team of board-certified dermatologists, and more than 100 lasers, you can trust Laser & Skin Surgery Center of New York to provide you with the best neck rejuvenation treatment options for a youthful look.
Daily Skincare Routines to Combat Neck Aging
Taking care of the skin on your neck and reducing neck wrinkles is as simple as extending your facial skincare regimen down to your neck with a few extra steps.
- Wash the skin under your neck with a cleanser and micellar water to remove dirt and makeup.
- Always wear sunscreen on your neck and re-apply every two to four hours to protect your skin and avoid wrinkles on the neck.
- Apply antioxidants like vitamin C in the morning to brighten and moisturize your skin, protect it from free radicals, and help improve neck wrinkles.
- Apply retinoid at night to increase collagen production and help treat neck wrinkles.
- Use a neck cream formulated to treat the delicate neck skin. These products are often thicker and include ingredients that help promote collagen and elastin production.
- Consider cosmetic treatments to reduce neck lines or a wrinkly neck.
The Role of Hydration and Diet in Neck Skin Health
Hydration and a clean diet promote healthy skin from the inside out. Water keeps your body hydrated and helps maintain skin’s elasticity. Water volume in the body decreases as you age, so consuming more water supports your body and skin by staying hydrated.
A healthy diet affects your skin’s appearance. Fruits, vegetables, leafy greens, fatty fish, nuts, and seeds are nutrient-rich foods that keep the skin healthy. Processed foods packed with preservatives and chemicals can cause inflammation and premature aging. Limiting alcohol consumption, reducing sugar and sodium, monitoring caffeine intake, and focusing on eating the most nutritious foods supports youthful-looking skin.
Advanced Dermatological Treatments for Neck Wrinkles
Advanced cosmetic treatments can help reduce neck wrinkles. Neck wrinkle treatments we offer at Laser & Skin Surgery Center of New York are:
- Fractional Resurfacing: delivers precise microbeams of laser light deep within the dermal structure to stimulate the body’s natural healing process, resulting in fast growth of healthy new tissue. Since fractional lasers only treat a portion of the skin at the time, aging symptoms are reversed with minimal downtime.
- Thermage: utilizes radiofrequency (RF) energy to boost the skin’s collagen production naturally and progressively. As collagen levels increase in the dermal structure, neck skin becomes tighter, smoother, and younger-looking.
- Thermi: delivers RF energy via a small probe inserted under the skin to target the neck skin’s inner layers and help treat wrinkles and skin laxity. The heated tissue beneath the skin triggers the body to produce new collagen, resulting in tighter and smoother skin in the neck. The probe’s calibrated and sustained heat ensures a safe and optimal temperature for faster skin tightening and longer-lasting results.
- ThermiSmooth: utilizes RF energy to penetrate the skin’s deeper layers. The controlled and precise heating stimulates the body to produce new collagen, which helps fill in lines, wrinkles, and dimples. Neck skin becomes tighter and firmer with improved skin laxity for a more youthful appearance.
- Ultherapy: treats sagging skin on the face and neck by delivering ultrasound energy to the deeper dermal layers. It gently heats tissue, causing it to constrict and trigger collagen production to create smoother and firmer skin.
- PicoPlus: combines nanosecond and picosecond wavelengths with excellent precision and pulse control to treat tattoos, pigment birthmarks, and sagging neck skin. It rejuvenates the skin in fewer treatments than single-wavelength devices.
- PicoSure: utilizes shorter bursts of light to reduce heat delivered to the skin and avoid damage to the surrounding tissue. It promotes the production of new collagen and elastin fibers, and the skin renewal process eliminates aging skin in the neck to reveal new, healthy skin with improved skin and texture with the reduced appearance of lines and wrinkles.
- Genius: tightens neck skin by triggering natural collagen production within the deeper skin layers. Tiny needles emit RF energy to create controlled tissue damage to stimulate skin cell renewal, resulting in tighter, smoother, and younger-looking skin.
- Broadband Light Therapy (BBL): uses light energy to rejuvenate the skin. Its broad-spectrum light penetrates deep into the skin to stimulate collagen renewal. By encouraging healthy tissue growth, BBL helps smooth out fine neck lines and wrinkles, tighten loose skin, and reduce the appearance of other signs of aging.
- Injectable Fillers: fill in fine lines and wrinkles while adding volume to sunken areas of the neck. Hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers help smooth and support neck skin. Collagen stimulators may also be injected for long-lasting improvement.
- Botox®: is injected into the platysma muscle to weaken it. By targeting this muscle that causes the look of wrinkles and bands, Botox can help create a smoother and tighter-looking neck.
Lifestyle Changes and Habits to Preserve Neck Skin Elasticity
Your lifestyle choices affect skin quality over time. To reduce lines on the neck, avoid neck wrinkles, and preserve your neck skin’s elasticity, practice the following habits:
- Use broad-spectrum sunscreen and wear wide-brimmed hats and ultraviolet protection factor (UPF) clothing for sun protection.
- Avoid repeated movements like looking down on your phone to prevent “tech neck” or neck wrinkles.
- Stop smoking.
- Adopt a healthy diet.
- Get quality sleep.
- Stay hydrated.
- Use topical anti-aging products to help increase collagen production.
Schedule a Consultation with a Dermatologist in NYC
One of the best things for treating neck wrinkles is to consult with a board-certified dermatologist who can evaluate your skin and determine the best treatment or combination of treatments to achieve your goals.
With over 230,000 satisfied patients, a research center, and a world-class reputation, Laser & Skin Surgery Center of New York is committed to providing excellent treatments for medical and cosmetic dermatology conditions. Our board-certified physicians administer all treatments, ensuring you receive the highest level of expertise and safety. To learn more about how to prevent neck wrinkles and lines or how to reduce neck lines and wrinkles, contact us today to schedule a consultation.
Next, read about…
Homepage // Blog / Neck Lines: Causes and Treatments, Explained by DermatologistsNeck lines, often overlooked in anti-aging care, are just as important as facial creases and wrinkles. Understanding what causes these lines and how they can be treated is essential for...
Homepage // Blog / Dermatologists Reveal 10 Effective Techniques to Reduce Forehead WrinklesForehead lines and wrinkles reflect years of expressions, sun exposure, and lifestyle habits that cause our skin to become dry and less elastic than it once was. Wrinkles on...
Homepage // Blog / 7 Ways to Tighten Loose Skin After Weight Loss - No Surgery RequiredLosing weight is a significant achievement, but the aftermath of crepey or saggy skin after weight loss can be discouraging. Fortunately, you don't need to resort to surgery to...
laser & skin surgery
center of new york
Monday - Wednesday, Friday: 9am - 4:30pm
Thursday: 9am - 5pm
Saturday October 1, 2022: By Appointment Only
Same-Day Appointments Now Available
Pay Online for Patients of Drs. Geronemus, Anolik, Bae & Seidenberg
Pay Online for Patients of Drs. Abraham, Bernstein, Krant, Shelton, Stern, Weiss, Hoffman, Shim, Murphy-Rose, Wilson, and Petratos
*MDs perform 100% of all medical and cosmetic treatments.