Fraxel NYC & Fractional ResurfacingThe physicians at the Laser & Skin Surgery Center of New York are world leaders in fractional resurfacing of aging skin, sun damage, acne scars, surgical scars, and melasma. Our board certified dermatologists have been involved in the development of most of the fractional laser devices that are available for skin treatment. We offer 14 fractional lasers including 5 Fraxel Re:store Dual® lasers, 2 Fraxel Re:pair® lasers, 600 micron Fraxel Re:pair®, Total FX, Scaar FX, 2 LaseMD, 2 Clear + Brilliants® and 2 Perméas®.
We also offer the new FASA technique can be helpful for lines and scars with less downtime than traditional resurfacing procedures. This approach uses a conservative resurfacing approach with the topical application of fillers.
All of these procedures are performed by physicians only.
In this video, Dr. Geronemus discusses how fractional laser skin resurfacing reduces scarring and pore size, improves skin tone and texture, and reduces wrinkles. The video shows several patient before and afters. Fraxel and other types of fractional treatments can treat fine lines and achieve skin tightening. Dr. Geronemus explains how fractional lasers work to treat the skin. The video includes an example treatment with the Fraxel Dual laser on a patient. The dermatologists at our practice know how to select the fractional laser that will get the most optimal result for each patient.
In The News
- The Future of Looking Young...Lasers? Here's We're Into It - Ask Men (2014)
- The New Anitagers, Harper's Bazaar (March 2012)
- Calcium Hydroxylapatite Nodule Resolution After Fractional Carbon Dioxide Laser Therapy, Archives of Dermatology (February 2012)
- 1927-nm Fractional resurfacing of facial actinic keratoses: A promising new therapeutic option (2012)
- Combining Fractional Resurfacing and Q-Switched Ruby Laser for Tattoo removal. Publication by Elliot T. Weiss MD and Roy Geronemus, MD
- Laser Plus Resurfacing Best for Tattoo Removal. Skin and Allergy News, Aesthetic Dermatology (2011). Dr. Elliott T. Weiss is quoted in this article.
- Dr. Lori Brightman on American Health & Beauty. Celebrity Kendra Wilkinson, Fraxel, and Stretch Marks. American Health & Beauty. (2010).
- New Laser Surgery Gets Rid of Some Scars MedPageToday.com (2010)
- Fractional resurfacing successfully treats surgical scars and traumatic scars. Archives of Dermatology. LSSC New York dermtologists are featured in this publication. (2010)
- Wrinkle Removers Backed by Science. New York Times. (2008)
- Fractional CO2 lasers show promise for neck rejuvenation. Aesthetic Dermatology News. (2008)
- New Modality [Fraxel / Fractional Laser Resurfacing] Treats Acne Scars. Aesthetic Dermatology News. (2008)
- Skin and Allergy News features Dr. Lori Brightman: Fraxel and Neck Rejuvenation. (2008)
- Vogue Magazine features Dr. Geronemus. "Seasons in the Sun: Erasing Summer's Sins." (2007)
- Dermatology Times features Dr. Bernstein and Fraxel / Fractional Laser Resurfacing technology. (2007)
- Skin & Allergy News Features Dr. Elizabeth Hale: Fractional CO2 displays safety. (2007)
ReferencesBloom BS, Brauer JA, Geronemus RG. "Ablative Fractional Resurfacing in Topical Drug Delivery: An update and Outlook." Dermatol Surg. 2013: 39: 839-848.
Weiss ET, Brauer JA, Anolik R, Reddy KK, Karen JK, Hale EK, Brightman LA, Bernstein L, Geronemus RG. “1927-nm Fractional resurfacing of facial actinic keratosis: A promising new therapeutic option.” J Am Acad Dermatol. 2013 Jan; 68(1):98-102.
Reddy KK, Brauer JA, Geronemus RG. “Evidence for fractional laser treatment in the improvement of cutaneous scars.” J Am Acad Dermatol. 2012 Jun; 66(6):1005-6.
Reddy KK, Brauer JA, Anolik R, Bernstein L, Brightman LA, Karen J, Hale E, Weiss E, Geronemus RG. “Calcium hydroxylapatite nodule resolution after fractional carbon dioxide laser therapy.” Arch Dermatol. 2012 May; 148(5):634-6.
Brightman L, Brauer J, Anolik R, Desai S, Weiss E, Chapas A, Hale E, Karen J, Bernstein L, Geronemus RG. “Successful reduction of thickened paramedian forehead flap using fractional carbon dioxide laser.” Lasers Surg Med. 2011 Nov; 43(9):873-4.
Brightman L, Geronemus R. Commentary of “Treatment of syringoma using an ablative 10,600-nm carbon dioxide fractional laser.” Dermatol Surg. 2011 Apr; 37(4):439-40.
Firoz BF, Katz TM, Goldberg LH, Geronemus RG, Polder KD, Friedman PM. “Herpes zoster in the distribution of the trigeminal nerve after nonablative fractional photothermolysis of the face: Report of 3 cases.” Dermatol Surg. 2011 Feb; 37(2):249-52.
NYU UPN Dermatologists
- Roy G. Geronemus, M.D.
- Robert T. Anolik, M.D.
- Yoon-Soo Cindy Bae, M.D.
- Bradley S. Bloom, M.D.
- Daniel A. Belkin, M.D.
- Roy Seidenberg, M.D.
- Leonard J. Bernstein, M.D.
- Paul M. Friedman, M.D.
- Michelle F. Henry, M.D.
- Jessica J. Krant, M.D.
- Ronald Shelton, M.D.
- Dana Stern, M.D.
- Elliot T. Weiss, M.D.