- Downtime: very minimal
- Pain Level: very Minimal
- Results Duration: Long-Lasting
What is the RESONIC Device?
RESONIC is a Rapid Acoustic Pulse (RAP) device developed by Soliton, Inc. that utilizes a unique, rapid pulse of shockwaves to break apart the fibrous septa bands beneath the skin that cause cellulite. This is the only medical device that uses RAP to be FDA-cleared as a non-invasive treatment option for patients seeking a non-surgical approach to improving cellulite’s appearance. The device can also help to remove unwanted tattoos. The board-certified dermatologists at Laser & Skin Surgery Center of New York are one of the first 15 practices in the country to offer this new, revolutionary treatment, as well as one of two practices in New York offering it to patients.
Acoustic Shockwave Technology
How RESONIC Works on Cellulite
Cellulite primarily forms due to the presence of sclerotic septa, which normally provide structure to the skin. Over time, septa can lose their uniformity and become stiff with larger pockets of subcutaneous fat in between. When fat increases, it can push up against the dermis, causing bulges between the septa, leaving ridges and dimples on the skin.
Soliton’s RAP device delivers rapid, high-pressure shockwaves at a rate of up to 100 pulses per second to effectively break apart the fibrous septa bands beneath the skin that contribute to dimples in cellulite. Its repetition rate and very short rise times can induce mechanical disruption to targeted tissue at the cellular level, without damaging the skin. The result is the dimples’ release and smoother skin. Our doctors may also combine a skin tightening treatment with RESONIC to remove the typical “cottage cheese” appearance of cellulite.
The high-pressure shockwaves emitted by the RESONIC device also break up body ink to help remove unwanted tattoos. Some patients see full results in just 3 treatment sessions.
Benefits of RESONIC Treatments
- Quick treatment that does not require anesthesia
- Dramatic improvement in the appearance of cellulite
- Targets the root cause of cellulite for long-lasting results
- Clinical trials showed no bruising, bleeding, or post-treatment discomfort or downtime
- Safe to use on all skin types
Do RESONIC Treatments Hurt?
When Will I See Results?
How Long is Recovery?
Other Cellulite Treatment Options At Our Skin Care Clinic
We offer the following treatments for cellulite at our Manhattan and Southampton skin care clinics:
- Cellfina™: uses a technique known as subcision to release the fibrous bands and smooth away cellulite’s dimpled appearance on the buttocks and thighs. Treatment results can be seen in a matter of days to weeks and have been shown to last for years.
- Thermage ® CPT: uses radiofrequency energy to smooth, tighten, and contour the skin, temporarily reducing cellulite’s appearance. It works by heating the dermal layers, resulting in collagen creation. The new collagen makes the skin look firmer and tighter, improving overall skin texture.
- Qwo: the first injectable treatment approved by the FDA for treating cellulite by targeting the fibrous bands beneath the skin’s surface that lead to the dimpled effect. It targets collagen to release the septae bands that cause cellulite. As the fibrous bands are released, the skin becomes smoother on the surface, dramatically reducing cellulite’s appearance.
Schedule Your Cellulite Consultation Today
Our board-certified dermatologists stay abreast of the latest dermatological technologies, so we can offer our Manhattan and Southampton patients the most effective cellulite treatments available. Contact our skin care clinic today to schedule your consultation.
Next, read about…
Scars are often unwanted reminders of medical conditions, injuries, trauma, or surgery. When they are noticeable, they can also lead to significant embarrassment and self-esteem. Fortunately, there are ways to treat scars today that do not involve incisions, anesthesia, and downtime.
Body contouring addresses stubborn fat, skin laxity, or cellulite. Our board-certified physicians have been involved in clinical trials to develop new technology that provides superior treatment options. We offer treatments for cellulite, skin tightening, and fat reduction.
Laser & Skin Surgery Center of New York’s filler treatments are always performed by board-certified physicians who have extensive experience with injectables. When you come to us for cosmetic care, you can be confident that you can safely achieve a perfectly natural look.
WHAT you are looking for?
laser & skin surgery
center of new york
*MDs perform 100% of all medical and cosmetic treatments.